We hope you and your family are staying safe and well during this difficult time. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your well-being.
We continue to follow the guidance from the American Dental Association, CDC and state authorities. We are monitoring the situation closely and following the current recommendations. All elective, non-emergency care appointments are cancelled through the month of May. If you have an appointment scheduled during this time, you should receive a cancellation notice message soon. We ask that you hold off on calling the office to reschedule, as we will contact you as soon as we are advised that it is safe to provide non-emergency care by our state dental and government authorities.
We have expanded our emergency care locations to help provide you with emergency care services during this uncertain time.
The following office locations will be available to serve any of your emergency care needs:
- Queensbury: 1092 State Route 9, Queensbury, NY 12804; Phone: (518) 798-9561
- Saratoga: 381 Church Street, Suite 2, Saratoga, NY 12866; Phone: (518) 587-3831
- Clifton Park: 1532 U.S. 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065; Phone: (518) 371-8481
- Colonie: 1662 Central Ave, Suite 2, Albany, NY 12205; Phone: (518) 452-2121
- Niskayuna: 445 Balltown Road, Suite 2, Niskayuna, NY 12309; Phone: (518) 344-4942
- Latham: 1207 Troy-Schenectady Road, Latham, NY 12110; Phone: (518) 785-3084
- Amherst: 31 Hall Dr Suite B, Amherst, MA 01002; Phone: (413) 253-9505
In order to keep you and our team safe, we want to share with you the changes we have made to protect you, our team, and other patients during your emergency dental visit:
- Our office will communicate with you before your emergency appointment to ask you screening questions. You will also be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Our team is strictly following the social distancing recommendations and mandates. You will be asked to contact the office upon your arrival, before entering the office. You will also be asked to remain in your vehicle, until a team member notifies you that it’s safe to enter.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival.
- You may be asked to limit accompaniment into the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. You will be asked to wait in your car instead of the waiting room.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will not allow anyone to enter the office without a face (mouth/nose) covering. You will be asked to keep this on, until your provider requests removal in the treatment room.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you are experiencing a dental emergency and would like to talk to a doctor, please call one of our emergency care locations above.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back all of our patients, neighbors and friends soon!